Litigation and Legal
- Managing all corporate and commercial legal matters, including Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, Audit functions, Trade Mark and Copyright policies, Corporate Governance and CSR.
- Advising the company on the litigation risks of possible business decisions, providing preventive counseling with respect to the legal risks associated with business practices, and developing strategy with both inside and outside counsel in response to civil litigation and regulatory inquiries
- Ensure compliance with state and central statutory reporting requirements
- Understanding strategic initiatives and business needs, providing legal and business counsel, and establishing and influencing appropriate ethical standards.
- Negotiating, drafting and implementing a wide variety of complex, multi-party agreements, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and joint ventures, and other corporate agreements.
- Having detail knowledge of Rules and Regulations pertaining to Companies Acts 2013 and ensure that affairs of the company are managed in compliance with the articles and the provisions of Companies Law as laid down in the Companies Act 2013.
- Drafting and managing documentation with respect to the Board and General meetings, statutory and corporate reports, PoA, letter of authorizations etc. for proper delegation of authorities.
- Managing crucial data/documents of the company in digital form in coordination with other departments.
- Tracking of new amendments, notifications and circulars which may have impact on the business of the company and their units.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions.
Taxation and Audit
- Verifying the direct and indirect tax derivations and filing tax returns with respective tax authorities.
- Managing external audits, tax audits and other statutory audits
- Establishing corporate liaisons with banks and financial institutions, credit rating agencies, insurance agencies and tax authorities.
Preparing project reports, negotiating on interest rates and credit limits, freezing terms and conditions pertaining to investment projects, evaluating policies of various insurance coverage.